01 January, 2012

2012 - The first day

New Years Day is here. We started out the day going to church, figuring that spending the first morning of the year giving thanks for surviving last year, and praying that we won't do anything too stupid this year would be a good way to get started.

Then we went to brunch at the home of our friends Jim and Andy. Jim is my Best Cookie Friend. The food was delicious and plenteous, and the drinks were too. We drank champagne-cranberry punch, lots of it. Glasses and glasses of it. Sometime after lunch the food and booze drew all the blood out of my brain and into my stomach, and I napped on the couch while they were downstairs looking at Jim's new train set. A twenty minute nap set me right and I was able to continue drinking and contributing to the sparkling conversation.

I have some of my goals for the year set. I am taking part in the 100 Days Challenge, which involves committing to doing 30 minutes of purposeful motion every day for the first 100 days of the year. It can be exercise, walking, swimming, dancing, whatever, but it has to be daily and it has to be 30 minutes.

I am also setting myself a goal of working on some of my crafts at least 3 times a week. This past year I accomplished a lot on my quilting while putting only a little time in on it. If I commit to spending some time on it, I could get a lot more done.

I think that this year I am going to join Toni in reading 50 books about 50 states.

1 comment:

  1. I will join you in your 100 Day Challenge, but I blew it today.

    ReplyDelete