30 January, 2012

Yoga Fail! Epic Fail.

Today I tried out a new yoga studio, about four minutes from my house. I had a groupon. It was something called warm power yoga, done by very fit, strong people who could kick my fat ass around the block- while still doing their yoga power breathing.

I could not finish the class. While trying to mash my forehead into my knee and staying in a lunge, I realized that something terrible was going to happen. I was either going to pass out or vomit. I was so dizzy and shaky that either was a real possibility. I slipped out, and lay down on a bench.

Then I left. I could not face the fit people. I am ashamed of how fat and weak I am. How's that for honest blogging?

I am down, but not out. I will go back to a less strenuous, shorter class. I'll shove my rolls of fat into yoga pants or a swimsuit and go to yoga and to swimming. But right now I am wallowing - just a little - in sadness and disappointment.

1 comment:

  1. You've been going back so you got over it. You're 46. Your yoga goals are different than somebody that's 26. Keep at it, or else I'll find you and kick your fat ass using my super sexy hot power yoga body!

    ReplyDelete