17 April, 2012

It's not that I'm not listening, it's just that I can't hear you

I finally saw the doctor today over this ear of mine.

A week ago I was watching television and my ear started hurting. By the time I went to bed I had a throbbing earache and could not hear out of my ear. Tuesday I stayed home and slept most of the day. Wednesday I was feeling better, but my hearing was still off and my ear just didn't feel "right".

Since then I've felt like my left ear was stuffed full of cotton. No, that's not quite right. It feels like first someone poured wax in my ear, THEN stuffed it full of damp cotton, and finished it off with a plug of cement. Not to get all Classical on you, but I am hearing "through a glass, darkly." I might as well be underwater considering how indistinct everything sounds.

A week of Afrin and decongestents didn't do a bit of good so I saw the doc today. I have Antibiotics to take in pill form and antibiotics to drip in my ear. I don't like to take unneccesary antibiotics, but when I need them, I am so thankful for them. I do believe in better living  through chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment