24 October, 2011

I would so rather be reading

I spent the weekend reading. Also having lunch with friends both days, but mostly reading. And sleeping, a lot of sleeping happened in between bouts of reading. I plowed right through Snuff, a Discworld novel. It was good. Very good. Not GREAT, but very good. I actually liked Unseen Academicals better than Snuff, which was rather on the dark side. But still, an average Terry Pratchett book, for me, is better than some other author's masterwork.

I took it back to the library tonight so that the next Discworld fan could get stuck in. I'm just thoughtful that way, she said modestly.

I got my next non-fiction book, an autobiographical type thing by Simon Pegg, another funny Englishman. Shaun of the Dead Simon Pegg, Hot Fuzz Simon Pegg; if you haven't seen these two films, what the hell are you waiting for? I can't be having with you not seeing these hilarious movies.

I didn't actually start Simon's book though, I am first reading John Grisham's Theodore Boone: The Abduction. Yes, I suppose that technically this is a children's book. I did find it in the New Children's Section of the BCPL.  It's an enjoyable sequel to Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer. I feel no embarrassment about reading books from YA or the Children's section. A good book is a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment