07 October, 2011

Danke Gott, es is Freitag!

In only 11 days, (Sir) Terry Pratchett's latest Discworld novel will be released. It's called Snuff, and apparently it features Sam Vimes. I am excited about that. That means we should get a little Carrot and Angua action, and maybe some Cheery Littlebottom.

I am 8th on the list at the BCPL to get the book. I hope they get a couple of copies and that the first seven readers are serious Pratchett fans. I can't be having with them putting it at the bottom of their to-be-read piles and getting around to it whenever. I think I'm going to go back and read Thud, for a steaming anticipatory pile of Ankh-Morpork, just to get myself back in the multiverse groove.

So excited!

I looked up Rosemary Kirstein online yesterday and found out that she's really nowhere near releasing book five of the Steerswoman books, major suckitude. I hate that she needs that real-life job that keeps her from writing fulltime. I want my authors to keep their noses to the grindstone, churning out entertainment for moi. Maybe if half of the 300,000,000 people in the US would buy her books, she could afford to write full time. So, my three readers, go out and buy Rosemary Kirstein's books and force all your friends to do the same.  I need a movement here...look at it as doing your part to jumpstart the economy!

This time a week from now, the in-laws should be winging their way back to their home across the sea. I'm mostly sort of numb about this visit. It's gone on so long that I've gone through all the stages of hosting:  Denial, Anger, Round-the-clock-Drinking, Bargaining, Plotting my Escape, Acceptance...now I am just getting through the days pretty calmly with occasional flashes of Will I Never Be Alone in My House Again?

Sunday is the birthday of my handsome husband. We are having a party with hot and cold running Germans, we are importing some from Deutschland, via Gettysburg. Actually looking forward to it, the food should be excellent, and all I have to do is show up and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Thomas and may there be much beer! And sausage! And beer! And sausage! I am reading Suite Francaise and it's lovely but will look up Kirstein. Just to make you happy...

    ReplyDelete