20 April, 2011

Playin' hooky

Today I took a page out of Tom Sawyer's book and played a little hooky. Took a personal day. It wasn't all fun and games (didn't follow Injun Joe into those caves and fake my own death) - I did a lot of housework, including sweeping, re-sweeping, and mopping the first floor to eradicate the "doggy" odor that was present. Did laundry. Grocery shopped.

Ended up spending time outside with the dog too. Ginger gets into the spirit of things, she has her own favorite patio chair to snooze in. The Cocker Spaniels find the whole outdoors thing puzzling. Why are we outside when we have a house to be in? Can we go in now? How about now? No? I'm just going to go up here on the porch and walk around in circles for 40 or 50 minutes until you come to your senses or can't stand the sound of my toenails clicking on the floor. B'bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment