16 September, 2012

Autumn evening

What a beautiful, beautiful weekend! Perfect early autumn weather and lots of free time.

Today I finished an interesting mystery: Midwinter Sacrifice by Mons Kallentopf. It's one of these Swedish police procedurals where the main character may be Malin Fors, a 30ish single mom - but the REAL main character is the harsh climate, bare landscape, and freezing winter of Sweden, and how it seems to have made the Swedish people hard and flinty themselves.

I was outside reading and realized that even though it was 72 degrees, I was feeling chilled because of reading page after page of freezing Swedish weather.

It was cool enough this evening that I got out my flannel pjs for the first time. It's not cold, but just cool enough that it's comfy to have the flannel on. I LOVE this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment