24 September, 2013

Autumn zigzags


I started making this last year at our spring quilt retreat and Christine's mini-group's spring reatreat. This is the center of the quilt. My plan is to add one slim black border going all the way around surrounded by a wider border of one of the brownish/orange prints.

I was going to gift it to my parents, but that isn't going to happen now as the Mother said she wants something to go with a certain piece of furniture in her room. So, I have new fabric and a new plan. As soon as my foot is back in working order, I'm going to finish this one and get stuck into the new one for Mom.

Today I was browsing around on Goodreads and found a book review that tickled me. It was someone having a good old time ranting about a book she found just terrible, and it was hilarious. It reminds me of one of my favorite collections of negative movie reviews: Roger Ebert's I Hated, Hated, Hated This Movie. I kid you not, it's comic gold! And that is my recommendation for today.

1 comment:

  1. That's the most autumnal quilt I've ever seen. Those colours!

    ReplyDelete