25 September, 2011

Sontag

We took the Germans to see some of Gettysburg today. Our friend Peter gave them a very short but interesting tour. I actually think they enjoyed it, in their artless German way.

Tonight Thomas and I are watching Lola Rennt* with his mother. Have you ever seen this movie? If not, do yourself a favor and go watch it. This is the third or fourth time I've watched it, and every time there are new details I see. I loves me some Franka Potente.

One time Thomas and I watched a trio of films that address questions like:
How much difference do small choices make in the big picture?
How much hangs on the the difference of one or two minutes?

The films were Lola Rennt, Sliding Doors, and Me, Myself, and I. I think you would enjoy all three of them.

*It's called Run, Lola, Run in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment