24 August, 2013

One foot, and I don't mean 12 inches

I had some (relatively minor) foot surgery done on August 16th. Seems that I tore a tendon in my right foot a few weeks ago. The surgeon fixed that.

I expect three - six weeks of one footed recovery. I'm one week in. It has not been so bad, except for the first 2-3 days. Then my foot hurt, I was groggy from the pain meds, and getting used to getting around with one working foot.

I have this thing called a Roll-A-Bout. Here is a picture of one.


This is exactly what mine looks like. I've been calling it "Silver," as in "Hi ho, Silver, away!"

I've been out of the house three times in the past week. On Tuesday I went to the doctor for my first post-op appointment. Thursday Mom and I went out and had Chinese food for lunch. Today Thomas and I sat in the back yard for a little while. It's great to get outside, even if it's a little scary getting down the stairs.

I've spent a lot of time reading. I just read my way through the first nine books of S.M. Stirling's Emberverse series. I am excited that book 10 is coming out sometime this fall.

My next plan is to read something a little lighter and fluffier. Maybe...Regency romances?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely Regency romances. I read a couple of Mary Balogh...my favorites.

    ReplyDelete