03 October, 2012

I promise that my personal tragedy will not affect my ability to do hair

Today was one of those days. The days where from the moment you get up things are just...off. Not good. First I got up and walked the dogs and it was misty and foggy and th roads were filthy and wet. Ginger was all over the place and didn't want to get off the road and kept walking down the center line and people honked at me, and finally I lost it a little and yelled at her and jerked on her chain. And then I felt like both a mean person and a bad, guilty person. She is a jerk, but that doesn't excuse me from being a jerk too.

Then I went to the podiatrist for another stupid shot. My foot had been feeling better up until Monday night at yoga when I got a bad case of the shooting pains. Now I'm back to where I was a couple of weeks ago.

I got to work and guess what day it was? Flu shot day! Yep, I got my second shot of the day before 10 am. Did not expect that!

After work I came home and dived into my favorite thing - cleaning off shelves so the painters can paint the walls behind them. Cleaning is not on my list of top 100 things I like to do. I think it's higher on my list than getting shots, but only by a tiny margin. I have been reading my book about decluttering, so this sort of works in with my desire to streamline the house/my life.

Anyway, we are almost done with the cleaning and tidying. I identified things to be thrown away, donated to the church yard sale, donated to the guild's fabric sale, and things to be returned to the people who lent them to me. All that goes in today's small WIN column.

I found out that my aunt (mom's sister) who has been very ill has been diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. That was one of the diseases we used to fear (from ticks) when I was a little kid, but this is the first time I've ever heard of someone actually having it. I'm glad they got a diagnosis and that it is treatable. I know my cousin has been very worried about her. Another WIN.

I may not stay up for the debate tonight. Unlike all the fence-sitting Undecideds, I know who I'm voting for and the strain and stress on my nerves from listen to politicians talk probably isn't a great idea. As Stephen Dubner told Kai Ryssdahl on Marketplace tonight, "One things politicians are always good at is making promises they have no way of keeping." Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment