18 June, 2013

Variety is the spice of life.

Pictures of some things I've been working on. The first thing is something I'm beading for fun. I'm not following any pattern, just playing around with various shapes of beads and various techniques.



Small projects where I made a stencil, stencilled with shiva sticks, and then hand quilted and embellished with beads. The patterns are from a book called Troubled Waters by Sharon Shinn. In the book, everyone's life is determined by their "elemental blessings." The above blessing is Triumph, and the one below is Synthesis. Excellent book if you like fantasy.


I am pleased with the way this one turned out.


Just for fun, here is Punkin, glowering at me from her little bed. She would not sit in the dog bed I got from my friend Christine until I made it into a cushiony little nest for her. Now she curls up happily. The bed is made from half a suitcase, with tennis balls for feet. It's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment